Sunday, July 12, 2009

Who I am and What I'm Doing Here

Ok, my name is Lisaeb1 and I've worked from home for the last 10 years as a telemarketer, customer service rep, psychic, relationship coach, recruiter, and lately as a freelance writer. My biggest challenge is finding opportunities that work with my screen reader. I am totally blind and use Jaws for Windows for those that might not know about me. I decided to create a blog to share my experiences and try out a few experiments to see if I can really earn money at home without selling something on the phone. Please understand I am not nocking phone sales and if I can't earn money I will gladly go back to it, but I would rather find a different way.

My intention is to help others who use screen readers, but the information I will share can help anyone looking to work from home.

I've been busy tonight starting up this blog and opening an account on Google Adsense. Adsense was easy to set up with my screen reader as it didn't even have a hidden code or picture for verification. I've read through my many internet marathon searching sessions that Google's adsense is the way to go for earning a little extra money and I am taking the plunge to find out if it can be done. I am waiting for approval and hope I get it.

Then, I created this blog to detail my journey. It did have one of those hidden codes called capcia's but it also had an audio voice scramble read which it spoke out loud so I figured it out. Picking the template was interesting as it did give me some sample pages which opened in a new window but it did not give much information about color, space, things like that. I will ask someone tomorrow who can see it to tell me if it looks right.

Forgive me if I am rambling, it is almost midnight and I should go to bed.
Happy work from home business or job hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment